The use of hair extensions to enhance the hair’s length, thickness, and texture has skyrocketed in recent years. However, just like natural hair, extensions require proper care and maintenance to stay healthy and beautiful. One important aspect of extension care is a hair oil for extensions. There are various oils available in the market, each with its own unique benefits and properties.
In this article, Jen Hair will help you to discover the best oil for hair extensions and what makes them effective. Therefore, you can choose the right oil for your hair extensions to keep them looking shiny, smooth, and tangle-free.
- What’s the best product for hair extensions?
- What’s the best hair mask for extensions?
- What’s the best brush for hair extensions?
- What’s the best shampoo for hair extensions?
- What’s the best hair dryer for hair extensions?
Should you use hair oil for extensions?
If you’re wondering whether or not to use hair extensions oil, the answer is a resounding yes! Let’s read on to find out why oil is essential for hair extensions!
1. Moisturizes and nourishes extensions
Human hair extensions do not receive natural oils from the scalp like natural hair does, which can make them prone to dryness and damage. Applying hair oil to extensions can provide the necessary moisture and nourishment to keep them healthy and shiny. This helps to prevent tangling, matting, and breakage, making the extensions more manageable and easier to style.
2. Promotes hair growth
Certain hair oils contain essential vitamins and nutrients that are beneficial for promoting hair growth. For example, castor oil is rich in omega-6 fatty acids, which help to stimulate hair growth and improve hair thickness. When applied to the scalp, it can help to improve blood circulation and stimulate the hair follicles, which results in healthier, stronger, and longer hair. This is not only beneficial for natural hair but also for extensions, as healthy natural hair means healthier and longer-lasting extensions.
However, picking the best hair oil for hair extensions is important, as some oils may cause damage or build-up. So, you should consult with your hairstylist or read product labels to ensure that you’re using safe and effective hair oil for your extensions.
How to choose the right oil for hair extensions?
Choosing the best oil for hair extensions can be a bit overwhelming, as there are many different types of oils available. However, there are some factors you should notice when choosing the most effective one.
These factors include:
- Hair Type: Consider your hair type when choosing an oil. If you have fine or thin hair, lighter oils like argan or jojoba may be better suited for your extensions. If you have thicker hair, heavier oils like coconut or castor oil may work well.
- Purpose: Determine what you want the oil to do for your extensions. If you’re looking for an oil to add shine, argan oil is a good option. If you want to promote hair growth, castor oil is a great choice.
- Ingredients: Look for oils that are formulated with natural ingredients and free from harsh chemicals that can cause damage or build-up. Some ingredients to avoid include sulfates, silicones, and alcohol.
- Brand Reputation: Choose oils from reputable brands that specialize in hair care products. Read product reviews and consult with your hairstylist to get recommendations on the best brands for your hair extensions.
- Compatibility: Make sure the oil you choose is compatible with your extensions. Some oils may cause damage or discoloration, so it’s important to check with your hairstylist before using any new products on your extensions.
By considering these factors, you can choose an oil that’s best suited for your hair extensions and will help keep them healthy and beautiful.
Recommendation: The 5 best oil for human hair wigs to get a stunning hair look
The 7 best oils for your hair extensions
Whether you’re after a boost of shine, a nourishing treatment, or protection from heat and damage, the right oil can transform your hair extensions and leave you with a luscious, healthy mane.
Now, let’s discuss the 7 best hair oils for extensions!
1. Best oil for human hair extensions: OGX Renewing Argan Oil Of Morocco
If you’re looking for a high-quality oil to nourish and protect your human hair extensions, OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco is a fantastic choice. This lightweight yet deeply moisturizing oil is designed to repair damaged hair, reduce frizz, and add shine to your locks. It’s made with a blend of argan oil, which is known for its nourishing and restorative properties, as well as other natural ingredients like avocado oil, jojoba oil, and coconut oil. This formula is free from sulfates, parabens, and other harsh chemicals, making it safe and gentle for all hair types, including human hair extensions.
- It absorbs quickly and leaves your locks feeling soft, smooth, and silky.
- Incredibly versatile so you can use it in a variety of ways.
- Affordably priced, making it a great option for those on a budget who still want to find the best oil for human hair extensions.
2. Best oil for dry hair extensions: Sky Organics Castor Oil
If you’re looking for the best oil for dry hair extensions, Sky Organics Castor Oil is a great choice. This 100% pure and organic oil is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin E, making it a powerful moisturizer that can help nourish and repair dry, damaged hair. It’s also free from harsh chemicals, preservatives, and artificial fragrances, so you can feel good about using it on your hair extensions.
- Cruelty-free and sustainably sourced.
- Thick and luxurious texture, making it a great option for those with curly or oily hair textures, as it can help define and enhance curls while providing moisture and shine.
3. Best oil for tape in hair extensions: HSI PROFESSIONAL Argan Oil Heat Protector
HSI PROFESSIONAL Argan Oil Heat Protector is a specially formulated oil that offers heat protection to the hair, making it the best oil for tape-in hair extensions. The oil is infused with argan oil, which is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids that help to nourish and protect the hair from damage. It also contains a blend of vitamins and proteins that help to strengthen the hair and improve its elasticity.
- The oil provides a protective barrier on the hair that shields it from the damaging effects of heat-styling tools such as flat irons and curling irons.
- It helps to tame frizz and flyaways, leaving the hair looking sleek and polished.
- The blend of vitamins and proteins strengthens the hair and improves its elasticity.
4. Best hair oil for blonde extensions: Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is one of the best oils for blonde extensions it is made from fresh, organic coconuts and is cold-pressed to ensure maximum potency and purity. This oil is rich in medium-chain fatty acids and has a unique composition that allows it to penetrate the hair shaft and provide deep nourishment and hydration. It is also free from harsh chemicals, additives, and preservatives, making it a safe and natural option for hair care.
- Its unique composition allows it to penetrate the hair shaft and provide deep hydration.
- Contains lauric acid, which can help strengthen hair and prevent breakage.
- Its fatty acids also form a protective layer, preventing damage from heat styling and environmental stressors.
5. Best hair oil for blonde extensions: VERB Ghost Oil
VERB Ghost Oil is famous as one of the best oils for blonde extensions. This vegan hair oil is designed to be weightless, so it won’t weigh down your extensions or leave them feeling greasy or sticky. It’s made with a blend of nourishing oils, including moringa oil, which is known for its restorative properties, and bamboo extract, which helps to strengthen hair and improve its elasticity.
- Its weightless formula makes it absorb quickly into the hair.
- Cruelty-free and vegan.
6. Best hair oil for hand-tied extensions: Olaplex No.7 Bonding Oil
Olaplex No.7 Bonding Oil is a luxurious oil that is designed to nourish and protect the hair, making it the best oil for hand-tied hair extensions. The oil contains a unique blend of ingredients, including bis-aminopropyl diglycol dimaleate, which is designed to repair and strengthen the hair. It also contains a blend of natural oils, including argan oil and jojoba oil, which provide deep hydration and nourishment to the hair.
- Adds shine and softness to hair
- Lightweight and non-greasy
- No harsh chemicals or ingredients
7. NOW Solutions Jojoba Oil
NOW Jojoba Oil is similar to the natural oils produced by the scalp, making it an excellent natural moisturizer for hair. It penetrates deeply into the hair shaft to hydrate and nourish the hair strands, leaving them soft, shiny, and manageable. Moreover, it forms a protective barrier around the hair strands, shielding them from environmental factors like pollution, UV rays, and harsh chemicals in hair products. This helps to prevent damage and breakage, resulting in healthier, stronger hair.
- 100% pure, cold-pressed, and free from harmful additives or artificial fragrances, making it a safe and natural option for all hair types.
- It can be used in several ways, making it a versatile addition to any hair care routine.
How to use oil on hair extensions?
Want to give your hair extensions a luxurious and nourishing treat? After finding the best oil for hair extensions, let’s discover how to apply oil to your hair extensions!
Step 1: Warm up
Warm up the oil slightly by placing the bottle in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes. This will make the oil easier to apply and help it penetrate the hair better.
Step 2: Apply the oil
Apply the oil to the lengths of your hair extensions, avoiding the roots. Gently massage the oil into the hair using your fingertips.
Step 3: Incubate the hair with oil
Cover your hair extensions with a shower cap or towel and leave the oil on for at least 30 minutes, or overnight for best results. This will give the oil plenty of time to soak into the hair and provide maximum nourishment.
Step 4: Rinse the oil out
Rinse the oil out of your hair extensions with warm water and shampoo and condition as usual. You may need to shampoo twice to fully remove the oil from your hair.
With regular use, oil treatments can help keep your hair extensions looking and feeling their best. So why not treat yourself with the best oil for hair extensions?
1. What types of oil can be used for extensions?
There are many types of oil that can be used for extensions, and the choice depends on the specific needs of the extensions. The best oil for hair extensions includes coconut oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, and olive oil. Other options are almond oil, castor oil, avocado oil, and tea tree oil.
2. What kind of oil is best for extensions?
When choosing the best oil for hair extensions, it’s important to consider several characteristics that can help nourish and protect the hair without causing any adverse effects.
- Lightweight: The oil should be lightweight, so it doesn’t weigh down your extensions or leave them feeling greasy.
- Non-comedogenic: The oil should be non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog your hair follicles or cause breakouts on your scalp.
- Heat-protective: If you plan on using heat-styling tools on your extensions, look for an oil that provides heat protection to prevent damage and breakage.
- Easily absorbed: The oil should be easily absorbed by the hair, so it can penetrate the hair shaft and provide maximum benefits.
Overall, the best oil for hair extensions will provide nourishment and protection without weighing the hair down or causing any adverse reactions. It’s important to choose an oil that is suited to your hair type and specific needs to achieve the best results.
3. What oil treatment for dry hair extensions?
An oil treatment for dry hair extensions is a deep conditioning treatment that involves applying a nourishing oil to the hair extensions to help restore moisture, improve the overall health and appearance of the hair, and prevent breakage and damage.
The best oil for dry hair extensions depends on your hair type, needs, and preferences. Coconut oil is a great all-around option that is affordable and readily available, while argan oil is a more high-end option that is particularly beneficial for dry, damaged hair.
4. How often to put oil on hair extensions?
As a general rule, it’s recommended to oil hair extensions once or twice a week to maintain their health and shine. If you have dry or damaged hair extensions, you may need to apply oil more frequently, such as every other day. However, be careful not to overdo it, as too much oil can weigh down your hair and make it look greasy.
5. How to get oil out of hair extensions?
If you need to get oil out of hair extensions, here are some steps you can follow:
Step 1: Wash your hair extensions
Use a clarifying shampoo to wash your extensions in warm water and massage it gently into your scalp and hair.
Step 2: Rinse your hair extensions
Rinse your hair extensions with a mixture of equal parts water and apple cider vinegar to remove excess oil and buildup.
Step 3: Use conditioner
Apply a deep conditioning treatment to restore moisture to your hair extensions and leave it on for the recommended time before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Avoid using heat styling tools for a few days to prevent further damage to your hair extensions.
- If the oil is particularly stubborn, you may need to repeat the process a few times until it is completely removed.
Choosing the best oil for hair extensions can be a game-changer in achieving luscious, healthy-looking locks. By considering factors such as the type of hair extensions you have, your hair type, and your specific hair care needs, you can select an oil that will help nourish, protect, and enhance your hair extensions.
In this article, we have discussed the 7 best oils for hair extensions and explored how to use them. Now, let’s step into keeping your extensions silky and healthy, and do not forget to share this useful blog!