Are you tired of struggling to find the perfect brush for hair extensions? With so many different types of hair extensions available, it can be challenging to know which brush is best for your specific hair type.
In this article, Jen Hair will help you to find out the best brush for hair extensions. Whether you have clip-in, tape-in, or hand-tied extensions, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive in and explore the best hair brush for extensions, so you can achieve flawless, tangle-free locks every day.
- What’s the best product for hair extensions to use?
- What’s the best hair oil for extensions? The 7 best oils
- What is the best hair mask for extensions? Top rated & reviews
- What’s the best shampoo and conditioner for hair extensions?
- What’s the best blow dryer for hair extensions?
Best brush for hair extensions: Top 9 choices
A brush for extensions is crucial to maintaining their appearance and health. Extensions are prone to tangling, and using a brush with the wrong type of bristles can make the problem worse. Additionally, natural hair produces oils that keep it healthy and shiny, but these oils can’t travel all the way down the length of extensions. Using a brush that can distribute oils from the roots to the tips of the extensions.
So, why don’t you give your extensions a treat? Let’s explore the 7 best hair brushes for extensions!
1. Best brush for clip in hair extensions: Denman Tangle Tamer Ultra
Denman Tangle Tamer Ultra is a hairbrush designed to detangle hair gently and efficiently. Its bristle design combines short and long bristles, which work together to detangle hair from the roots to the tips. The shorter bristles help to tease out knots and tangles, while the longer bristles smooth and polish the hair. This design makes it an excellent option for those with clip-in hair extensions, as it can detangle and smooth out the hair without pulling or snagging on the extensions. The brush also has an ergonomic handle that makes it easy to hold and use, even for extended periods.
- Versatility: can be used on both wet and dry hair
- Flat-shaped brush
- Anti-static and round-end bristles
- Quite expensive
2. Best brush for human hair extensions: Wet Brush Pro Detangler Brush
The Wet Brush Pro Detangler Brush is the best brush for human hair extensions for many reasons. The bristles are flexible and have soft, rounded tips that glide through hair extensions without pulling or snagging. This helps to prevent damage to the hair extensions and reduce hair breakage.
Another outstanding feature of the Wet Brush Pro Detangler Brush is its comfortable handle. The rubberized grip ensures a firm hold while brushing and minimizes hand fatigue during use, making it easier to style and detangle your hair.
- Lightweight and have a compact size
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Flexible bristles
- Bristles can bend
- May not be durable
3. Best brush for sew in hair extensions: GAINWELL Bamboo Paddle Hair Brush
The GAINWELL Bamboo Paddle Hair Brush is a versatile hairbrush designed for gentle detangling and smoothing of hair, including sew-in hair extensions. The brush has a large, flat surface area that makes it easy to brush through long, thick hair without causing pain or damage. Many people choose it because of its flexible bristles that gently glide through tangles and knots without pulling or snagging on the hair or sew-in extensions. It is made of bamboo, which is a sustainable and eco-friendly material that is also lightweight and durable.
- Its paddle-shaped head covers a larger area of the scalp, making it easier and more efficient to detangle
- Made from bamboo
- May not withstand heavy use
- Not suitable for use with heat styling tools
- Not ideal for thick hair
4. Best brush for synthetic hair extensions: Spornette Large Luxury Cushion Boar
Sponrnette Large Luxury Cushion Boar is a high-quality brush designed for all hair types, especially synthetic hair extensions. The brush features a large cushioned paddle with natural boar bristles, which are gentle on the scalp and hair. They work to detangle hair without pulling or snagging, which can cause damage to the extensions. The cushioned base of it provides additional comfort and support while brushing, making it the best brush for synthetic hair extensions.
- Easy to handle and maneuver
- Natural boar bristles and large cushioned paddle
- Not vegan-friendly
- Relatively expensive
5. Best brush for tape in hair extensions: Tangle Teezer The Original Detangling Brush
Tangle Teezer The Original Detangling Brush is one of the best brushes for hair extensions. It has a unique design with flexible teeth that work well on all hair types, including tape-in extensions. The teeth are gentle and won’t pull or tug on the hair, making it a great option for those with sensitive scalps. The brush is also lightweight and easy to use, which is important when working with extensions.
- Flexible bristles massage the scalp for healthier follicles
- Palm-friendly size
- Can be used for both wet and dry hair
- Limited styling capabilities
6. Best brush for weft hair extensions: Boar Bristle Hair Brush by Belula
The Boar Bristle Hair Brush by Belula is definitely the best brush for weft hair extensions. This brush has a natural boar bristle design that helps to distribute natural oils throughout the hair, making it shiny and soft. The brush is also very gentle and won’t damage the hair or extensions, making it a great choice for those with sensitive scalps.
One of the great features of the Belula brush is its soft and flexible design. The bristles are not too stiff, which makes it easy to detangle hair and work through extensions without causing damage or discomfort.
- Natural boar bristles
- Anti-static to reduce frizz and flyaways
- Ergonomic design
- Some boar bristles can shed bristle over time
7. Best brush for hand-tied extensions: Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Thermal Brush
Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Thermal Brush is one of the best brushes for hair extensions designed to be gentle on both natural and extensions. The brush has a ceramic barrel that heats up when used with a blow dryer, which makes it great for styling hand-tied extensions. The ion technology helps to reduce static and frizz, which is important for keeping extensions looking smooth and natural. It also offers a gentle, snag-free bristle design that won’t damage the hair or extensions.
- Gentle, snag-free bristles
- Ceramic and ion technology
- Ergonomic handle
- It is designed to be used with a hair dryer, so it can get hot
- The ceramic coating on the brush may chip or crack if it is dropped or mishandled
8. Best brush for dry hair: Epic Professional Quick Dry Hair Brush
Epic Professional Quick Dry Hair Brush is designed to be the best brush for dry hair, and it has several features that make it stand out from other hairbrushes. It has ventilation holes that allow air to flow through, reducing drying time and making it easier to style your hair. Moreover, it also has heat-resistant bristles that can withstand high temperatures, making it safe to use with a hairdryer.
- Save time when detangling dry hair
- Comfortable to hold
- Heat-resistant bristles
- It may not be compatible with all hair dryers
9. Best brush for hair extensions: BESTOOL Boar Bristle Brush
BESTOOL Boar Bristle Brush is known as the best brush for hair extensions as it is designed to be gentle on extensions and prevent damage and tangling. The brush features both boar and nylon bristles that work together to detangle and smooth hair, while the natural boar bristles help to distribute natural oils, keeping hair healthy and shiny. Its ergonomic handle makes it comfortable to hold and use for extended periods.
- Prevent matting and knots
- Handy design
- The bristles might be too soft or not firm enough
How to choose a suitable brush for hair extensions?
Choosing the best brushes for hair extensions is crucial to prevent damage to both the extensions and your natural hair. Therefore, you should look for some following characteristics that indicate a hair brush is suitable for your extensions.
- Soft bristles: Hair extensions are more delicate than your natural hair and can easily tangle or break if you use a brush with hard bristles. Look for a brush with soft, flexible bristles that will be gentle on your extensions.
- Wide-toothed: Wide-toothed combs are ideal for detangling hair extensions because they are less likely to pull on the hair or cause breakage. They can also help to distribute hair products evenly throughout the extensions.
- Non-static: Hair extensions can easily become charged with static electricity, which can cause them to tangle and become frizzy. Look for a brush that is designed to minimize static electricity and prevent flyaways.
- Lightweight: A heavy brush can put unnecessary strain on your arms and wrists, especially if you have a lot of hair extensions to brush. Look for a lightweight brush that will be easy to use for extended periods of time.
- Easy to clean: Over time, your brush can accumulate dirt, oils, and hair products that can transfer onto your extensions. Look for a brush that is easy to clean and maintain to keep it hygienic and prolong its lifespan.
By choosing a brush that meets these criteria, you can ensure that you are caring for your hair extensions properly and preventing damage.
How to brush hair extensions?
Brushing hair extensions can seem daunting, but with the right tools and techniques, it can be a simple and effective way to maintain the health and appearance of your extensions. After finding the best brushes for hair extensions, let’s continue with the step-by-step process of brushing hair extensions to keep them looking their best.
What you will need: a wide-tooth comb, a soft-bristled brush, and a detangling spray.
Here are the steps for you to follow:
Step 1: Start with the ends
Begin by gently brushing the ends of your hair extensions with a wide-tooth comb. Work your way up towards the roots, taking care not to pull or tug on the hair.
Step 2: Spray with detangling spray
Once you have worked through any tangles at the ends, spray the length of the extensions with a detangling spray. This will help make the hair easier to brush and prevent damage.
Step 3: Brush from roots to ends
Using a soft-bristled brush, start brushing your hair extensions from the roots down to the ends. Be gentle and use a light touch to avoid damaging the hair.
Step 4: Repeat as necessary
If you encounter any tangles or knots, stop and use your wide-tooth comb to gently work through them before continuing to brush.
Step 5: Style as desired
Once your extensions are brushed and free of tangles, you can style them as desired. Just be sure to use heat styling tools sparingly, as excessive heat can damage the hair. When you’re finished, store your hair extensions in a safe place to prevent tangling and damage. Use a hanger or a storage bag designed for hair extensions to keep them in good condition until your next use.
1. Is it good to brush extensions?
Yes, it is good to brush hair extensions regularly to keep them looking healthy and prevent tangling. A hair brush helps to distribute the natural oils from your scalp throughout the hair extensions, which helps to keep them moisturized and looking shiny. Additionally, using the best brushes for hair extensions is great to remove any tangles or knots that may have formed, preventing the hair damage as much as possible.
2. Can you use a normal brush on hair extensions?
It depends on the type of hair extensions that you have. If you have clip-in hair extensions or tape-in hair extensions, then you can use a normal brush on them. However, if you have bonded hair extensions such as fusion, micro bead or sew-in, then it is not recommended to use a normal hair brush on them as it can cause damage to both your natural hair and the extensions.
3. What brush is best for hair extensions?
The best brushes for hair extensions will have the following characteristics:
- Gentle on the hair extensions: The bristles should not tug or pull on the extensions or cause damage to the bonds.
- Loop bristles: It helps to prevent the brush from catching on the bonds and pulling them out, which can cause damage to your natural hair and the extensions.
- Comfortable grip: This feature makes it easy to use and prevents hand fatigue.
- Lightweight: A lightweight brush is easier to use and causes less strain on your hand and arm.
In conclusion, finding the best brush for hair extensions can make all the difference in achieving a flawless and natural-looking hairstyle. By researching and testing numerous brushes, Jen Hair has narrowed down the top nine that we highly recommend.
From the classic paddle brush to the innovative loop brush, each of these brushes offers unique benefits that cater to different hair extension types and styles. Whether you’re looking for a brush to detangle, smooth, or add volume to your extensions, we’ve got you covered.
So, say goodbye to bad hair days and hello to beautiful, manageable locks with one of these top-performing brushes. Finally, remember to like and share this useful information!