What are some of the best wig products to keep your human hair wig looking stunning? One essential product is oil, which can hydrate and nourish the hair fibers, giving them a healthy shine and reducing frizz. But what oil to use on human hair wigs, and which one performs the best?
In this article, Jen Hair will introduce you to the best oil for human hair wigs and its benefits. We will also provide knowledge about what oil to use on a human hair wig and tips on how to use it effectively, so you can keep your wig looking fabulous for longer. So, let’s dive in and discover the best oil to add to your wig care routine!
The 5 best oil for human hair wigs
1. OGX Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil
If you are looking for the best oil for human hair wigs, look no further than OGX Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil. With Moroccan Argan oil for extra protection, this oil will deeply heal, smooth, and restore luster to damaged and dry hair. It also provides humidity resistance, protecting your wig from frizz and damage caused by the elements. Formulated specifically for coarse hair, this exotic treatment will leave your wig feeling nourished, renewed, and silky smooth.
- Infused with a potent blend of Moroccan Argan oil for deep healing and moisturization
- Provides humidity resistance, protecting hair from frizz
- Comes in a compact and travel-friendly bottle
- Strong scent
- May weigh down fine hair if too much is applied
2. L’Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair 10-in-1 Oil
The L’Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair 10-in-1 Oil might just be your solution for hair care. Its formula is packed with powerful ingredients that address a wide range of hair concerns, including frizz, split ends, and dryness. The lightweight oil is quickly absorbed into the hair, leaving it soft, silky, and manageable.
Moreover, the product has the ability to provide heat protection, which is crucial when styling human hair wigs. The formula helps to shield hair from the damaging effects of heat styling tools, while also providing nourishment and shine.
- Can be used as a pre-shampoo treatment, leave-in treatment, or added to hair masks for versatile use.
- Lightweight formula that doesn’t weigh down hair or leave a greasy residue.
- A pleasant scent that leaves hair smelling fresh and clean.
3. Perfect Hair Coconut Oil Hair Serum
The Perfect Hair Coconut Oil Hair Serum is undoubtedly the best oil for human hair wigs. This natural hair product contains a nourishing blend of coconut oil, argan oil, and other invigorating hair vitamins that help to stimulate thicker and fuller growth while providing a smooth, silky finish. It is also a great serum for taming frizz and flyaways, correcting split-ends, and preventing breakage, all while protecting your wig from heat styling tools like straighteners and curling irons.
- Can be used on various hair types, including straight, wavy, curly, and coiled hair.
- Tames frizz and flyaways, making hair more manageable and smoother.
- Uses a cold-pressed extraction process to maximize nutrient absorption.
- The serum may be too heavy for those with fine or thin hair.
4. Luseta Hair Repair Coconut Oil Serum
The Luseta Hair Repair Coconut Oil Serum is the best oil for human hair wigs, thanks to its unique blend of coconut milk and hydrolyzed soy protein. This serum helps to gently clean and strengthen hair, while bringing out its natural elasticity and balance, leaving your wig feeling hydrated and silky smooth. Enriched with vitamins C, E, and coconut Oil, this serum nourishes and strengthens hair, preventing damage and breakage. All of these features make it the perfect coconut oil for human hair wigs.
- Contains coconut oil and other natural ingredients to moisturize and strengthen hair
- Enriched with vitamins C and E for added nourishment
- Safe for color-treated and keratin-treated hair
- May not work as effectively on very dry or damaged hair
5. PURA D’OR Organic Fractionated Coconut Oil
The PURA D’OR Organic Fractionated Coconut Oil is the best oil for human hair wigs, and purchasing some would be a wise investment if you want to keep your wig in good condition. What makes it stand out is its easily absorbed and non-greasy formula, which is essential for wig care. This oil is perfect for diluting essential oils while preserving their natural aroma and all of the advantages that come along with using them. When you apply this oil to your human hair wig, it can assist to avoid dryness while also softening the fibers, which will result in a wig that is more lush and lustrous.
- Easily absorbed and non-greasy, making it suitable for daily use.
- Encourages stronger, healthier, and thicker hair.
- Made from organic coconuts, making it a natural and eco-friendly option.
Should you oil your human hair wig?
Many people wonder, “Can I put oil on my human hair wig?” The answer is yes, you can and you should oil your human hair wig! Just like your natural hair, human hair wigs can benefit from regular oil treatments.
Applying the best oil for human hair wigs can help to keep the wig fibers healthy and nourished, preventing dryness and breakage. Regular oiling can help to keep your wig looking shiny, luscious, and healthy for a longer time.
How to choose the best oil for human hair wigs?
When it comes to taking care of human hair wigs, using the best oil can make all the difference in maintaining their quality, shine, and longevity. Here are some factors to consider when choosing the best oil for your human hair wig:
- Type of oil: There are various types of oils, offering different unique benefits and properties that can cater to different hair types and concerns. For example, coconut oil is great for nourishing and hydrating dry hair, while argan oil can help reduce frizz and promote shine.
- Quality: Look for oils that are 100% natural and organic, as these are less likely to cause damage to the wig fibers.
- Texture: The texture of the oil can affect how well the oil penetrates the wig fibers. Lighter oils such as jojoba oil are easily absorbed by the hair, while thicker oils like castor oil may require more time and effort to distribute evenly.
- Application: Consider the ease of application when finding the best oil for human hair wigs. Some oils come in spray bottles or droppers, which can be convenient for applying directly onto the wig fibers. Others may require warming up or mixing with other ingredients before use.
- Hair type: Finally, consider the type of hair your wig is made from, as this can affect how well certain oils work. For example, curly or textured hair may benefit from heavier oils, while straight or fine hair may do better with lighter oils.
How to apply oil to your human hair wig?
So, how to apply the best oil for human hair wigs to have optimal results? Let’s take a closer look at our step-by-step guide!
Step 1: Prepare the wig
Before oiling a wig, gently brush out tangles and knots. You can softly spray the wig with water to help oil penetrate the hair.
Step 2: Apply the oil
Apply a little oil to your palms. Rub your hands to evenly distribute the oil, then gently apply it to the wig strands, focusing on the ends and dry or damaged regions. Oil can weigh down the wig and make it look greasy. After applying oil to the wig, use a wide-toothed comb or your fingers to properly spread it.
Step 3: Leave the oil in
Let the oil sit in the wig for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight. This will allow the oil to fully infiltrate the hair, which will result in the hair receiving the maximum amount of nourishment.
Step 4: Rinse and style
Remove the leftover oil from the wig with cool or lukewarm water. Hot water can damage wig fibers. After removing the oil, use a wig brush or comb to shape the wig.
Tips to use oil for human hair wigs
Do you seek some useful tips for using the best oil for human hair wigs on the market? Then you come to the right place! Here is our expert advice for you to consider:
- Use a small amount: When adding oil to your wig, it is essential not to use excessive amounts; instead, just a small bit should be sufficient. Start with a very little amount of oil and add more as necessary.
- Concentrate on the tips: Because the tips of the wig fibers are often the areas that are the driest and damaged, you should concentrate your application of oil on these regions.
- Do not add oil to the wig cap: Because the wig cap is typically made of a different material than the wig fibers, putting oil on the wig cap might cause it to get greasy and attract dirt. This is something you want to avoid at all costs.
- Avoid heat styling after applying oil: Heat can cause oil to evaporate rapidly and also harm the wig fibers, thus it is best to avoid heat styling your wig soon after using oil. Heat can cause oil to evaporate quickly and also damage the wig fibers.
- Be consistent: If you apply oil to your wig on a regular basis, you may help it continue to look soft, shiny, and healthy. You should aim to apply oil once a week, but you should do it more frequently if necessary depending on the condition of your wig.
1. Which oil can I apply to my wig?
Oils are an effective way to maintain the quality and prolong the life of your wig. So, which is the best oil for human hair wigs? Coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, and argan oil are all excellent options to keep them in optimal condition. Or you can search “olive oil for human hair wigs”, and you can find several results to choose from.
First, coconut oil is a popular choice due to its ability to deeply penetrate the hair strands and provide nourishment. Meanwhile, organ oil is rich in vitamins and antioxidants, making it a great option for protecting the wig from damage. Olive oil contains antioxidants and fatty acids that can penetrate the hair shaft and help to strengthen and protect the hair. Jojoba oil is also excellent for adding shine and moisture to hair fibers.
2. Can I use baby oil for my human hair wig?
Using baby oil on a human hair wig is not advised. Baby oil is great for moisturizing real hair, but using it on wigs can lead to buildup and dirt and dust sticking to the fibres. If you want to keep your wig soft and supple, it’s best to apply a conditioner or oil designed specifically for wigs. These items will keep your wig’s hair strands healthy and protected from the elements without leaving any residue or harming them in the process.
3. How to remove oil from a human hair wig?
If you are a regular wig wearer, you may find that your human hair wig becomes oily over time. This can be caused by natural scalp oils, hair products, and even environmental factors. To remove oil from your wig, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Fill a sink or basin with cold water and add a small amount of gentle shampoo or wig cleanser.
- Step 2: Submerge the wig in the water and gently agitate it for a few minutes.
- Step 3: Rinse the wig thoroughly with cold water. Fill the sink or basin with clean cold water and add a tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Step 4: Submerge the wig in the water and gently agitate it for a few minutes.
- Step 5: Rinse the wig thoroughly with cold water.
- Step 6: Gently squeeze excess water from the wig and blot it with a towel.
- Step 7: Allow the wig to air dry on a wig stand or mannequin head.
Oils for human hair wigs come in a variety of formulations, so picking the best oil for human hair wigs is essential. The suitable oil can do wonders for your hair, whether you’re trying to hydrate your scalp, soften your hair, or increase its volume. Before making a purchase, think about the oil’s ingredients, texture, and aroma.
We hope this article has provided you with valuable insights into the best oils for human hair wigs and how to properly apply them. Finally, please continue following us for more useful tips and the best products for your wigs!