Choosing the right hair extensions can be a game-changer for those with thick hair. Finding the best hair extensions that can fit in perfectly with your natural hair is essential if you want to add length, volume, or a dash of glitz to your locks. Moreover, it’s crucial to stay up to date on the latest and most favored items in the always-changing beauty business.
So, are you ready to discover the 5 best hair extensions for thick hair?
This post will examine the 5 best hair extensions for thick hair that are the most comfortable, long-lasting, and simple to apply.
Let’s delve into this world right now!
Can you get hair extensions on thick hair?
Absolutely! Applying hair extensions to thick hair can be a great method to accentuate your natural locks. In reality, thick hair frequently works well for hair extensions because it offers a solid foundation for attaching and adhering the extensions.
You have a variety of extension options to select from, including tape-in, clip-in, micro link, sew-in, and fusion extensions. To ensure a flawless transition, it’s crucial to speak with a licensed hairstylist who is accustomed to working with thick hair.
Regular brushing and gentle washing will help keep both your natural hair and the extensions with proper maintenance. You can take advantage of the advantages of extra length, volume, and variety for your thick hair with the appropriate extensions and professional application.
How to choose the best hair extensions for thick hair
What factors must be taken into account while choosing the best hair extensions for thick hair?
In this section, we will provide you with a list of vital details about how to choose the best hair extensions for thick hair. Let’s discover!
- Extension type: Consider the various sorts of available extensions, such as tape-in, clip-in, micro link, sew-in, or fusion extensions. Choose the type that best fits your lifestyle, interests, and desired results because each variety has advantages and disadvantages.
- Quality: Select high-quality extensions manufactured from human hair if you want to improve the quality of your hair. Remy hair is regarded as one of the greatest solutions since it ensures a more natural and seamless mix with your own hair.
- Extension length and weight: Determine the desired length and volume you want to obtain with your extensions by weighing them in. To achieve a cohesive look with thick hair, you might require longer, thicker extensions.
- Attachment method: Consider the extensions’ attachment strategy. Make sure it is stable and appropriate for thick hair. For thick hair, techniques like tape-in, micro links, sew-in, or fusion extensions can offer a reliable grip.
- Color match: Choose hair extensions that closely resemble the color of your natural hair. In order to get a smooth and natural appearance, you may also choose extensions that are a little lighter or darker than what you already have.
- Maintenance & Care: Recognize the upkeep needs for the selected sort of extensions. Think about things like washing, styling, and routine maintenance to make sure you can take care of the extensions properly without harming your natural hair.
- Price: Remember that higher-quality extensions may cost more, but they frequently provide better longevity and a more natural-looking appearance.
What’s the best hair extensions for thick hair
After learning how to choose the ideal type of thick hair extensions, you now need to think about what the best hair extensions for thick hair is. This will have a significant impact on whether or not you look beautiful and natural wearing hair extensions on thick hair.
Here is a list of your top 5 options for thick hair extensions.
Tape in hair extensions
Thin wefts with adhesive tape on one side are tape-in extensions. A portion of natural hair is sandwiched between two extension wefts to apply them. Due to their smooth and natural appearance, these extensions are preferred by people with thick hair.
Tape-in extensions are suitable for thick hair and comfortable due to their lightweight design, which prevents any strain or discomfort.
Clip in hair extensions
Clip-in extensions are made out of wefts with attached clips that are simple to clip onto the natural hair. They are adaptable since they can be used and deleted as needed.
The best way to instantly add length and volume to thick hair is using clip-in extensions. They come in a range of widths and lengths, letting you adjust the location and create a seamless blend.
Micro link hair extensions
This method means using tiny metal beads or loops, micro link or micro bead extensions attach small portions of hair to the natural hair. The hair extensions are fixed in place by clamping or threading the beads onto the hair.
This method offers a firm hold and permits natural movement, making it appropriate for thick hair. Micro link extensions are flexible and provide long-lasting effects.
Sew in or weave hair extensions
Hair extensions that are sewn in or weaved in entail braiding the natural hair into a pattern resembling cornrows and attaching wefts of extension hair to the braids with thread and a needle.
This technique provides a firm and secure hold, making it especially ideal for thick hair. The weight of thick hair can be supported by sew-in extensions, which also produce long-lasting results.
Fusion or pre-bonded hair extensions
Fusion or pre-bonded hair extensions have a keratin bond on one end of their tiny hair strands. The keratin bond is fused with the hair when the extensions are attached to the natural hair using heat or a specialist equipment.
When properly placed by a professional, fusion extensions can work for thick hair. They give off a natural appearance and are durable, enabling you to easily style your hair.
1. Do hair extensions work with thick hair?
Yes, thick hair may be styled with hair extensions. In reality, thick hair can serve as a firm basis for hair extensions, enabling a solid attachment and seamless integration. Hair extensions can function efficiently and elegantly with thick hair provided the right ones are used, applied correctly, and maintained on a regular basis.
2. How much do extensions cost for thick hair?
The cost of hair extensions for thick hair can vary depending on several factors. Here is an overall idea of the price range for different types of extensions.
- Tape in hair extensions: $200 – $800.
- Clip in hair extensions: $100 – $400
- Micro link hair extensions: $300 – $1,000
- Sew in or weave hair extensions: $200 – $800
- Fusion or pre-bonded hair extensions: $500 – $2,000 or more.
Remember that these are only tentative estimates and that costs might change drastically depending on a variety of factors. The total cost may also increase due to the necessity for maintenance appointments and the cost of reinstallation or removal.
Further reading: How much do hair extensions cost?
3. How do you wear hair extensions with thick hair?
The technique of wearing hair extensions when you have thick hair might be simple. The general procedures are as follows:
- Step 1: Prepare your natural hair
- Step 2: Section your hair into manageable parts.
- Step 3: For your particular extension type (tape-in, clip-in, micro link, sew-in, or fusion), you will apply with a detailed instruction.
- Step 4: Apply the extensions as closely to the roots as possible to ensure a solid bond.
- Step 5: Gently combing or brushing the extensions will help them blend in with your natural hair.
- Step 6: When utilizing heat tools, style your hair as you like while applying heat protectant products.
In conclusion, we have provided you with a lot of important information related to the best hair extensions for thick hair. Selecting the best hair extensions for thick hair necessitates taking into account elements like extension type, hair texture, quality, and professional application.
So, it’s crucial to seek advice from a qualified hairdresser who can evaluate your hair and offer tailored suggestions.
Hope that you find it helpful.
Don’t forget to follow us!