When it comes to hair extensions, there are various options available in the market. Two common types that often confuse buyers are single drawn hair and double drawn hair. Understanding the differences between these two types is crucial to make an informed decision for your hair styling needs.
In this article, Jen Hair will bring a detailed comparison of single drawn hair vs double drawn hair. We will also explore their pros and cons, and help you choose the most suitable option for your desired hairstyle. Let’s jump in!
What is single-drawn hair?
Single drawn hair is a highly sought-after option for those looking to purchase hair extensions or wigs. This type of hair comes from a single donor and is known for its natural appearance, as the strands feature varying lengths.
Bundles of single drawn hair are made up of hair strands of different lengths, which closely mimics the natural growth pattern of human hair. Although this type of hair extension may have thicker roots, the tips are typically thinner due to the varying hair lengths, giving it a more realistic and natural look.
- Natural appearance: Single drawn hair creates a more natural look, mimicking the way natural hair grows.
- Cost-effective: If you are on a budget, single drawn hair is an excellent option without compromising on quality.
- Ideal for layered hairstyles: The varying lengths make single drawn hair perfect for layered hairstyles.
- Less volume at tips: Due to the thinner tips, the hair may appear less voluminous towards the ends.
- Requires more styling: Achieving a fuller look with single drawn hair might require more styling effort.
What is double-drawn hair?
For those looking for a high-quality hair extension option, double drawn hair is a top choice. This type of hair undergoes a careful processing method to ensure that every strand has the same length.
The process that double drawn hair goes through involves trimming the hair strands to achieve a uniform length from root to tip. This uniformity is what sets double drawn hair apart from other types of hair extensions, as it gives the hair a consistent thickness from top to bottom. The result is a flawless and natural-looking finish that is highly sought-after by those looking for a premium hair extension option.
- Full and voluminous look: The consistent length ensures a fuller appearance, adding volume and density to your hairstyle.
- Easier to style: Double drawn hair requires less effort to style as it maintains its volume throughout.
- Longer lifespan: The uniformity and high-quality processing contribute to the durability and longevity of double drawn hair extensions.
- Higher cost: Double drawn hair can be more expensive compared to single drawn hair due to the meticulous processing.
- May require professional installation: Achieving the perfect look with double drawn hair might require the expertise of a professional stylist.
The difference between single-drawn hair and double-drawn hair
Let’s continue with our comprehensive information on single drawn hair vs double drawn hair!
First, the natural layering of single drawn hair gives it a more subtle and blended look. The presence of shorter hairs creates a gentle cascade of hair, perfect for those who prefer a less dramatic hairstyle. It seamlessly blends with your natural locks, adding length and volume without overpowering your overall look.
On the other hand, double drawn hair’s hallmark is its lush and thick appearance. With all hair strands sorted to the same length, it offers a strikingly voluminous hairstyle. This option is favored by those who want to make a bold statement with a head full of glamorous hair.
Cost is a significant factor to consider when choosing between single drawn hair and double drawn hair. Let’s compare the pricing of both options.
Single drawn hair is generally more affordable than double drawn hair. The absence of an intricate sorting process reduces the production cost, making it a budget-friendly choice for those looking to enhance their hairstyle without splurging.
Double drawn hair, in contrast, being a premium product, comes with a higher price tag. The labor-intensive process of ensuring uniform hair length adds to the overall cost. However, the stunningly voluminous result justifies the investment for those who crave a glamorous and opulent appearance.
Single drawn hair, with its natural layering, requires relatively less maintenance. The varied lengths of the hair extensions blend effortlessly with your own hair, making regrowth less noticeable. Regular brushing, detangling, and proper care can ensure the longevity of single drawn hair.
However, double drawn hair demands meticulous care to maintain its flawless appearance. The uniform length leaves no room for shorter strands, making regrowth more conspicuous. Proper brushing, conditioning, and regular salon visits are essential to preserve the luxurious volume of double drawn hair.
Single-drawn hair vs double-drawn hair: Which one to choose?
Now that we have explored single drawn hair vs double drawn hair, with their characteristics and benefits, the decision comes down to your personal preferences and styling requirements.
Choose single drawn hair if:
- You prefer a more natural and layered look.
- You have a limited budget and still want the benefits of hair extensions.
- You desire moderate volume and thickness.
Choose double drawn hair if:
- You want a consistent and full-bodied volume from root to tip.
- Price is not a major concern, and you are willing to invest in higher-quality extensions.
- You seek a polished and glamorous hairstyle.
In conclusion, we have provided you with the most detailed comparison of single drawn hair vs double drawn hair. Both of them have their unique qualities, catering to different preferences and needs. Ultimately, whether you opt for single drawn hair or double drawn hair, investing in high-quality human hair extensions will ensure a stunning and confident look that elevates your style to new heights.
Have you tried one of them before? How do you feel? Please share your experiences by leaving a comment. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends too!