Synthetic hair vs human hair are the popular hair type variation in the current wig market. Human hair is a type of hair derived from 100% natural hair. However, synthetic hair is made from synthetic fibers. There are also many types of human hair and synthetic hair today. If you don’t really understand them, it’s easy to get confused between human hair and synthetic hair. This article: Synthetic hair vs human hair: How to distinguish in the right way? That will help you better understand the definition and classification of the above two types of hair.
Related post: Remy hair vs virgin hair: What’s the difference?
What is synthetic hair?
Synthetic hair definition
The synthetic hair is a type of hair that is made out of man-made fibers like acrylic or nylon. The fibers are put through various chemical processes to give them a similar look, feel, color and styling capability as human hair.
Feature of synthetic hair
The most appealing aspect to synthetic hair is it can often be worn right out of the box with little or no styling. The fiber used has “memory” for wave, curl and volume which lets hair bounce back into place with minimal effort — the curl pattern is permanently set. It can even hold up in bad weather and can guarantee no drooping or frizzing.
However, what synthetic hair offers in ease, it lacks in versatility. It cannot be styled to look many different ways like its human hair counterparts. Only special Heat Friendly synthetic hair is heat styleable to change the curl pattern. Synthetic hair is also less durable than human hair. With proper care you can expect synthetic hair wigs and hairpieces to last about 4-6 months – heat friendly synthetic hair 2- 3 months.
- Easy care, synthetic wigs are easily cared for. Because synthetic wigs have a so-called “style hold,” they never have to be restyled. You just need to wash, dry and then keep them, and the wig will return to its original style.
- Styling preservation, synthetic wigs keep their style no matter the weather.
- Flexibility, you can try different colors and styles without going to a hairstylist by purchasing multiple synthetic wigs.
- Various colors, there are countless colors to choose from. You can choose from an array of natural colors, as well as some fancier colors.
- Cost, synthetic wigs are relatively inexpensive.
- No Care Needed, They Require No Care. This is very important if you are having health problems and are not feeling well.
- Natural look, If buying a high quality synthetic wig, it is difficult to distinguish between a synthetic wig and one made of real human hair.
- Unnaturally, some low-priced synthetic wigs will look unnatural.
- Short longevity, synthetic hair wigs have a lower use value than wigs made of real hair. Usually 4-6 months if used daily.
- Inflexibility, synthetic wigs cannot be straightened or curled with hot styling tools, unless it is a specially designed “premium heat resistant” wig.
What is human hair?
Human hair definition
Completely different from synthetic hair, human hair is manufactured from 100% natural. Human hair is the long fibrous horny structure, derived from the epidermis, that covers the human scalp. Hair is mainly composed of keratin, accounting for over 70%, calcium, rich in biotin, zinc, sulfur and nitrogen. Hair color and shape is an important anthropological marker. Hair can be black, brown, blonde, brown, platinum, red… can be straight, curly, wavy…
Features of human hair
Because of the origin of this hair, it has properties that are close to real human hair. The horny layer of the hair will remain intact, so the feeling of touching with hands is very real. The lifespan of human hair is also higher than other wigs and hair clips. Recommendation: How to increase the lifespan of hair extensions.
- Flexible styling, you can freely dye your hair like real hair. If you want to change your style, go to a place that has experience in modeling real hair wigs.
- Regarding the texture of the hair, the hair is quite varied in texture. Therefore, it is exactly like real hair.
- A plus point of real hair is its long shelf life, usually from 2 to 3 years or maybe longer if you maintain and take good care of it.
- Natural looking, real hair wig feels comfortable and natural
- High level of care, just like real hair, real hair wigs also need to be washed, massaged and styled regularly.
- Cost, because they are taken from human hair, they are more expensive than synthetic hair.
- Color variation: It’s hard to dye a real hair wig so that it is true to the color of the hair on our head, because each wig is made from different people’s real hair.
- Responsive to the weather, just like your hair real hair wigs also react to the weather it can be firm, soft, or dry depending on the weather.
- Pale color, real hair wigs can be oxidized when exposed to a lot of sunlight.
- Fragile, hair is easily damaged if we wash it with hot water, brush too hard, or use tools that are too hot to affect the hair.
- Weight, real hair wigs may be heavier than synthetic wigs of the same length and style.
- Styling, real hair wigs require many people to be very careful and have specialized skills in the field of styling wigs.
Types of human hair
The word “virgin” refers to something pure and intact. When the word ‘hair’ is added, it simply refers to hair that has not been penetrated, colored, dyed, bleached, blow-dried, steam-treated or undergone any other chemical treatment. It’s from a single person’s head so every bundle you buy must be from the same supplier (suppliers can be Vietnamese, Indian, Malaysian, Brazilian, etc.). This hair has not been exposed to any kind of harsh agents and all cuticles are still intact and running in the same direction. To put it more simply, virgin hair is the best part of hair. If the above points are not satisfied then it is not virgin hair.
Further reading: What is virgin hair? The truth about virgin hair you should know
When you buy hair extensions, you may often hear another word “remy hair”. Now look at the difference. Remy hair doesn’t always mean virgin hair, in fact, it rarely does. To learn more about remy hair, you should read this post.
This type of hair is very popular and also available. This hair has both roots and ends mixed together. All hairs do not run in the same direction.Non remy hair undergoes the process of shaving off the cuticle or sometimes the ends of the hair. It is not hair that has undergone chemical treatment. So the price is relatively cheap and the finished product of Non-Remy hair is more prone to tangles.
Synthetic hair vs human hair: The difference
The difference between human and synthetic hair is the material. Human hair is made of natural real hair and synthetic hair is made of chemical materials. At the level of ordinary visual perception, it is sometimes difficult for inexperienced people to perceive.
Furthermore, natural real hair and synthetic wigs differ in lifespan. Human hair can be used for 6 months but synthetic wigs only last about 3 months. In addition, there are not only differences in quality, but also structural differences between them. Human hair is highly absorbent, dries quickly, and has a unique scent that wigs do not have. During use, you will feel the most obvious difference, synthetic wigs cause discomfort when wearing.
How to distinguish between synthetic and human hair?
The easiest way to distinguish between real human hair and synthetic hair is to burn just the right amount of hair between the two. The ashes of human hair are easily crushed by hand, while the ashes of synthetic wigs cannot be crushed by hand. You can refer to the details by watching our vlog.
Synthetic hair vs human hair: Which one is better?
From our own point of view, it is advisable to buy synthetic hair if you are only using it temporarily and cheaply. On the other hand, if you want to use a wig for a long time, natural hair is a wise choice. Depending on your priority on wig products is durability, hair quality or price to make the most accurate decision.
I believe that with the information we provide about the characteristics and advantages and disadvantages of each type, you can make a good shopping decision.
How much is human hair?
Human hair is the most natural and beautiful type of hair today, so naturally its price will be higher than other wigs.Depending on the level of the tail and the basic cuticle of human hair, there will be different prices. In which virgin hair is the most expensive human hair type. Human hair will cost from $200 to $3000.
Where to buy human hair?
Jenhair is a reputable address on the market today so you can buy high quality human hair products at the best price. You will have a shopping experience with professional customer service that will definitely not let you down. We are proud to be the top unit in the field of supplying human hair and similar products in Vietnam. We want to bring products to customers with 3 criteria:
- Super fast shipping
- Best wholesale pride for customers
- Quality assurance
Currently, human hair products are very popular in the market, each customer should equip themselves with knowledge about human hair vs synthetic fibers, to choose a product that is worthy of what they spend out. Hopefully this article adds some useful knowledge to help you have more experience in distinguishing different types of hairs on the market today.
If you have any other problems related to synthetic hair and human hair don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below.